Looking for mealtime inspiration? Search now...
Help your family eat well every day, explore the nutritional properties of this recipe.
|Dietary Fibre||- g|
- YEAST MIXTURE:
- 1½ tsp dried yeast
- ¼ cup (60mL) warm water
- ¼ tsp caster sugar
- 2½ cups (375g) plain flour
- ¼ cup (55g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (125mL) CARNATION Light & Creamy Cooking Milk
- ¼ cup (60mL) hot water
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp butter, melted
- 1 cup (190g) NESTLÉ Dark CHOC BITS
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ½ cup (55g) chopped walnuts
InstructionsPrep time Cook time
- combine yeast, warm water and caster sugar in a small bowl. set aside in warm place until frothy. place flour and sugar in a large bowl. combine CARNATION light & creamy cooking milk, water, egg and butter, then stir into flour with yeast mixture. mix well to form a dough.
- knead dough on a lightly floured surface for 8 minutes or until smooth and elastic. place in a greased bowl, cover with plastic and leave in a warm place for approx. 30 minutes until doubled in size.
- punch down dough then roll out on a lightly floured surface to form a 30 x 35cm rectangle. brush with melted butter then sprinkle over NESTLÉ dark choc bits and other filling ingredients. roll dough up from one long side then cut into 12 pieces.
- place scrolls, cut side up, 2cm apart on the prepared baking tray, cover with plastic and leave in a warm place for approx. 30 minutes until doubled in size.
- bake 25 minutes until golden. serve with butter, jam & honey if desired.