Fruit and vegetables make a great snack. They’re quick and easy to have on hand, and can be taken on-the-go in a plastic container or snap-lock bag. Have you thought about the following snack ideas:
- Keep a container of chopped veges in the fridge to snack on between meals.
- If you’re out and about, take a small bag of chopped carrot, capsicum and celery, with some nuts and dried fruit.
- Serve chopped veges with dip when friends come over, such as a tomato salsa, tzatiki, beetroot or avocado dip.
- Pair your veges with a healthy protein source (hummus, low fat cheese or peanut butter) to keep it interesting. Or, pack a small handful of mixed nuts, such as almonds and walnuts. The protein will keep you feeling full for longer until your next healthy meal.
- Keep a piece of fruit in your bag, or on your desk at work, so you’ve always got a pre-packaged, healthy snack with you. If you’re extra hungry, combine your fruit with yoghurt, an excellent protein source.
- A few wholegrain crackers with low fat cheese or dip.
Add these great snack ideas to your day to keep hunger cravings at bay and keep you eating healthy even while on the go.